auskadi on Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:57:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Users are the Real Media Masters?

Geert and Paul
I have been doing a bit of reading on this stuff lately ...
here are some refernces...if you cant access some and want them I can
download them and email them to you (they may not be in the commons) ..
I have more but these seem the most relevant to Paul's posting.
Martin

Keith Aoki, Neocolonialism, Anticommons Property, and Biopiracy in the
(not-So-Brave) New World Order of International Intellectual Property
Protection, 6 Ind. J. Global Leg. Stud. 11 (1998).

Duke Public Domain conference includes Yochai Benkler and James Boyle (both worth a read)http://www.law.duke.edu/journals/lcp/

Carol Rose, The Comedy of the Commons: Custom, Commerce, and Inherently
Public Property, 53 U. Chi. L. Rev. 711 (1986).

Carol M. Rose, The Several Futures of Property: Of Cyberspace and Folk
tales, Emission Trades and Ecosystems, 1998 83 Minnesota Law Review 129.

Carol M. Rose, Left brain, right brain and history in the new law and
economics of property, Oregon Law Review v. 79 no 2 (Summer 2000) 479-492.

Paul Edward Geller, Copyright History and the Future: What's Culture Got
To Do With It? 47 J. Copyright Soc'y U.S.A. 209 (2000).

Doris Estelle Long, The Impact of Foreign Investment on Indigenous
Culture: An Intellectual Property Perspective, 23 N.C.J. Int'l & Com.
Reg. 229 (1998).

Doris Estelle Long, "Democratizing" Globalization: Practising the
Policies of Cultural Inclusion, 10 Cardozo J. Int'l & Comp. L 217 (2002).

Paul D. Miller wrote:

>Geert - it's interesting to see the Right wing viewpoint focus on how the
>market will somehow "magically" transform people from greed driven
>opportunists to respectful and enlightened denizens of a commons held
 <...>