Ivo Skoric on Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:32:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Waterpolo

Croatian waterpolo team lost from Serbian waterpolo team in
Slovenia.

Slovenian police removed Serbian fans from the room, worrying
about the revenge.

Then, Croatian fans (I didn't know waterpolo fans are as rowdy as
football fans, but apparently, I was wrong), missing their targets,
went on to attack Serbian athletes.

That's cowardly by the standards of hooliganism.

Serbian fans, actually a group of people close to certain nationalist
leaders, then attacked and demolished the building of Croatian
embassy in Serbia. Took down and burned Croatian flag and put up
the Serbian one.

Serb police stood by. They claim they were afraid to intervene.
Well, maybe they should get office jobs, instead. It is the duty of
police to intervene in such situations.

In the beginning of the war on Iraq, Chinese citizens also attacked
the American embassy in Beijing. For a couple of days the attack
went on, but then Chinese police stopped it.

What country would want to put its embassy in the country which
police would not protect it from vandals? That's basic premise of
international relations.

Serbia showed some incredibly immature statesmanship in this
situation.

ivo