nettime digest on Wed, 4 Jun 2003 21:52:45 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Re: fun with p2p [von seggern, bobig]

Table of Contents:

   Re: <nettime> fun with p2p
     John von Seggern <johnvon@digitalcutuplounge.com>

   Re: <nettime> fun with p2p (or, how to max out your broadband in less than a wee
     "bobig" <bobig@bobig.com>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:21:22 -0700
From: John von Seggern <johnvon@digitalcutuplounge.com>
Subject: Re: <nettime> fun with p2p

There are definite parallels here with the Soviet samizdat for
sure...last year I had fun for awhile by searching for 'Chomsky' on the
p2p systems and finding all kinds of interesting speeches, interviews,
and etc. There are extensive Chomsky website archives here and there but
I had better luck finding it all in one place by searching via p2p --
just as with music files.

John

pulse@riseup.net wrote:

>i leave kazaalite running all the time with all the GNN videos, as well as
>any literature available. kazaalite runs well in the background, never
>crashes.
>
>renaming political content as porn could be a concern if it has email
>contacts in the body of the work. i know gnn has suffered some heavy spam
>attacks recently - i'd be more likely to create my own files with
>political messages and rename them as porn.

- --
John von Seggern

producer - DJ - researcher

email  <johnvon at digitalcutuplounge dot com>
bio    <http://www.digitalcutuplounge.com/newsite/jvsremix.htm>
home   <http://www.digitalcutuplounge.com>
school <http://ethnomus.ucr.edu/jvs/bio.html>