Nettime mailing list archives

Re: <nettime> Nettime-bold is <bleep>
cpaul on Thu, 29 May 2003 18:08:00 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Nettime-bold is <bleep>

On Wed, 28 May 2003 19:17:40 +0200
the nettime mod squad <nettime {AT} bbs.thing.net> wrote:

> As an experiment, Nettime-bold was a failure, but a revealing one. First,
> there was very little interest in it. At its best, nettime-bold had about
> 130 subscribers, which, at the time, was 5% the subscribers nettime-l had.

I think these figures serve no useful purpose.

I switched to nettime-bold but soon found replies to threads
appearing that never made it to nettime-bold in the first place.

I posed the question several years ago, and got an explanation of
why it happened that way, but we didn't get much further than that.

Sort of killed the whole point of being on the bold list for me,
so I gave up and went back to nettime-l.

I think an unmoderated version of nettime is a good idea -- I
would join it, if it worked.

I volunteered to help at the time, even met with a moderator to
discuss what we could do, but there seemed to be a major
resistance going on at the t op.

- cpaul

#  more info: majordomo {AT} bbs.thing.net and "info nettime-l" in the msg body
#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime {AT} bbs.thing.net