Hengdorn_Maedford_Sumatra-Bang on Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:57:06 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Re: vacant position

Dear Kasia Kubis,

Oh!! I am afraid there has been one of the most heated misunderstandings
of all time and all history!

You are now speaking about "entry positions"--whereas before you were
speaking about "vacant positions." Barring the possibility of an off-color
reference to the world-trade equivalent of a "casting couch," it is clear
that you consider these ("entry," "vacant") one and the same: to wit,
"consultant jobs" that are free to be occupied (e.g. by you).

Whereas in *my* byzantine mind, the former ("vacant positions") referred
to those theoretical stances taken by the WTO which are vacant of all
substance and value!

Now we can clearly see how "not on the same page" we were in this matter!
What a terrible "first step" to a professional collaboration! Ha!

I can say that this is one of the funniest and most drastic confusions of
my entire informational lifetime! Ha!

Clarifying the situation, then, I must reiterate that, sadly, the two
categories I listed represent vacant (or empty) theoretical positions (or
stances) of the World Trade Organization, which are not to lead to any
more fuss and widgeting about on the part of anyone whosoever, least of
all you.

Kasia Kubis, there are surely useful things to be done in this world, but
not under the rubrics I mentioned! You had best commit yourself to better
methods of using the personal lifetime that you have been vouchsafed by
Nature.

I hope that this interests you. We will be grateful to understand how
decisions evolve.

Best wishes,
Hengy