m e t a on Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:29:26 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Re: One Day Left

At 2:48 PM -0500 1/14/03, info@rhizome.org wrote:

>Hi Meta:
>
>This is a reminder that our new membership policy takes effect tomorrow,
>Wednesday, January 15. We value your membership and hope that you will
>renew your membership by making a contribution of $5 or more today.

i would be happy to pay for rhizome membership, provided :

1. those whose works are included in the artbase are paid a commission.

2. those whose works, writings, and commentaries are included in the weekly digest are paid for their inclusion.

3. those whose works, writings, or projects appear on the rhizome website are compensated as well.

my work has been included in a number of books and magazines.
it is customary that when this occurs i am either paid,
or at the very least receive a free copy of the publication.

this is only fair - considering they are profiting in part from my work
regardless of whether it was created especially for their publication or not.

it is most unfair that you are being paid,
while those who generate your content are not.

//m
127.0.0.1

http://meta.am/
216.71.65.73