ben moretti on Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:09:55 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> open source spookery

[an interesting story on open source software for film editing reveals
more than expected. ben]

http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT7096363910.html

"""My newest project is a SPAM firewall. Some years ago I built an automatic
television news monitoring system for DARPA that used a PC to record CNN-TV off
the air. My PVR was before TiVo, but for the military. It did natural language
parsing on the closed-captioning and would notify military analysts as soon as
any story on a relevant topic aired. It also deleted off-topic stories to
conserve storage. I'm developing a similar approach to prioritize and cull
email."""

--
ben moretti
mailto:bmoretti@chariot.net.au