Announcer on Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:50:08 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Publications [10x]

Table of Contents:

   JavaMuseum - New Show now online!
     "JavaMuseum" <agricola-w@netcologne.de>

   REALTOKYO MM vol. 103
     Andreas <andreas@realtokyo.co.jp>

   Steve Mann documentary
     "geert lovink" <geert@xs4all.nl>

   Unmasking the War on Terror
     Fatima Lasay <digiteer@ispbonanza.com.ph>

   Yup, I Told You So --> www.darpa.mil/iao/
     Newmedia@aol.com

   november newsletter
     collection <collection@computerfinearts.com>

   fAf's fabulous 15 years on CD
     Fatima Lasay <digiteer@ispbonanza.com.ph>

   Metal and Flesh: Fall 2002
     "Ollivier Dyens" <odyens@hotmail.com>

   NEWS: Special issue of Marathi mag on people's movements
     Frederick Noronha <fred@bytesforall.org>

   fAf Nov02: fAf's fabulous 15 years on CD
     linda carroli <lcarroli@pacific.net.au>

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:29:41 +0100
From: "JavaMuseum" <agricola-w@netcologne.de>
Subject: JavaMuseum - New Show now online!

PRESS RELEASE
JavaMuseum -
Forum for Internet Technologies in Contemporary Art
(JAVA= Joint Advanced Virtual Affairs)
www.javamuseum.org
***********************************
contents:
headlines
summary
introduction
all participants
technical requirements
copyright
***********************************

headlines:
1. JavaArtist of the Year 2002
is Calin Man, media artist from Romania.

2. The new show on
JavaMuseum - Forum for Internet Technologies in Contemporary Art
www.javamuseum.org
entitled
"Fundamental Patterns - Peripheral Basics"
is online since 8 November 2002.
It will run until the end of "2nd of Java series" (Spring 2003).

***********************************

summary:
JavaMuseum is proud to give the JavaArtist of the Year Award in 2002 to one
single artist:
Calin Man from Arad/Romania,
an this outstanding net artist who combines artistic expression and
statements with substantial power, technological activity and excellence in
sustained work.

The show of
"Fundamental Patterns - Peripheral Basics"
is based on an online competition of the same name
and consists of three parts:

1. solo presentatation of Calin Man, winner of JavaArtist of the Year Award,
2. finalists of the competition
3. exhibition out of concurrence, entitled "MANDALA"
refering to the subject of the show by students of the
University of the Philippines under the supervision of Fatima Lasay.

************************************

introduction:
The second year's program of JavaMuseum, eg "2nd of Java series"
has a special subject during one running year (Spring 2002-Spring 2003),
entitled:
"Fundamental Patterns - Peripheral Basics".
After the first event in July, entitled "Actual Positions of Italian
Netart",
the main show of of the year in the framework of "2nd of Java series"
represents
"Fundamental Patterns - Peripheral Basics"
discussing and confronting artistic and philosophical positions of
Western and Eastern culture:

What are the fundamental patterns of contemporary living and art,
what kind of peripheral basics are defining them?
What are the fundamental patterns of the virtual
environment of Internet? Mere simulation?
Or rather something profoundly new?
In which way changed patterns and the peripheral
basics from physical to virtual level?
How do they influence sensual and intellectual perception ?

The special interactive exhibition interface created by
Agricola de Cologne, media artist operating from Cologne/Germany
and curator of this show
takes all the aspects and composes them to a kind of Western "mandala",
interlinking the material and spiritual, a way which is taken by the
competition finalists in different individual ways:
The answers are not clear yet as the way is the goal.

**************************************

List of all participating artists:

finalists of the competition:
JavaArtist of the Year: Calin Man
further:
Tamara Lai, Antoine Schmitt,  Xavier Cahen, Victor Vina, Tjader Knight.Inc,
Jader Rosa,  Maya Kalogera, wowm.org, Coniglioviola, Andrea Polli,
Avatar Project, Lane Last, Nicola Stenger, Leander Seige, Frieder Rusmann,
Pedro Fernandes, Simon Norton, Robert Kendall, Robert Krawczyk,
Barry Smylie, Sergio Maltagliati, Isabella Bordoni, Nicolas Clauss

"Mandala" artists:
J.M.Acevedo, Carlo Ahillion, Marc Antony Alvarado, Maysa Arabit,
R. S. Bolodo, Criselda Cac, A. Castro , N. Chua, K. De Dios, S. De Leon,
Monica L. Delgado, Eric C. Flores, Gimo L. Lanot, Amiel L.A. Lapuebla,
Catherine Lasam, Luisa C. Medina, Marielle P. Nadal, L. Orola, Zoltan Pabon,
Remnin R. Patino, M.A.C. Sagcal, W.D. Saludares, V. Samson, R.K.L. Santiago
F. V. SanBuenaventura, R.B. Santos, L.R. Segarra, C.E. Tabagan,
M.G.M.Tenorio,
D.J.P.S. Torres, G.A. Tuano, S. Valencia, P.R. Vinluan, A. de la Cruz Yumul

**************************************

Visit this dynamic exciting show
on JavaMuseum www.javamuseum.org
access via the start page

*************************************
The show is running until Spring 2003
**************************************
technical requirements
optimized for VGA resolution 1024x768
PC Pentium III 600 Mhz or better or comparable MAC
Soundcard, recommended 56K or 64K modem or faster,
browsers: MS Internet Explorer 5.5+ or Netscape Navigator 6.0+
Players/Plug-ins: essential the latest Flash 6,
Shockwave, Real Player, Quicktime

***************************************
copyright:
"Fundamental Patterns - Peripheral Basics"
on www.javamuseum.org
text, conception, programming, visalization
curator, organizer = Agricola de Cologne - copyright © 2002 . All rights
reserved.
copyright © of all art works of
the participating artists hold the authors or owners.

JavaMuseum is corporate member of
NewMediaArtProjectNetwork - the experimental platform
for the arts in Intenet is founded and created by
Agricola de Cologne.
copyright © 2000-2002 by Agricola de Cologne. All rights reserved.

Special thanks to
Fatima Lasay, University of the Philippines
http://digitalmedia.upd.edu.ph/

contacts:
Press
press@javamuseum.org