Barbara Lattanzi on Wed, 19 Jun 2002 06:00:03 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> AMG STRAIN Software

=_ =_ =_ =_ =_ =_ =_=

_ _ _ _ _A M G _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ S T R A I N_ _ _ _

version 1.0  SOFTWARE

=_ =_ =_ =_ =_ =_ =_=

A M G  S T R A I N  is freely available, copyleft software written by
Barbara Lattanzi. The software is based on the structural algorithm
conceived by Anne McGuire for her deconstructive videotape, "Strain
Andromeda, The" (1992).

Visit the wildernesspuppets.net website to download PC and Mac versions
of  "AMG  STRAIN" software:

http://www.wildernesspuppets.net/strain/

A M G  S T R A I N  is based on Anne McGuire's video detournement of the
Hollywood feature film, "The Andromeda Strain"  (directed by Robert Wise,
1972, based on the 1968 Michael Crichton novel).  The software translates
McGuire's structural algorithm by dividing the viewer-selected Quicktime
video into dynamically-variable length segments and playing back the
segments in reverse order.  The source code written for the core action of
"AMG STRAIN" software is also available at the website.

A M G  S T R A I N  Software, via "Strain Andromeda, The", pushes cinematic
representation out of its creaky containment by montage (even while
depending upon it). AMG STRAIN Software ventures into an area that "Strain
Andromeda, The" anticipates: a different temporal field of affective
projection and play.

Barbara Lattanzi
email: threads@wildernesspuppets.net
http://www.wildernesspuppets.net