Robert Atkins on Sat, 8 Jun 2002 18:17:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Re: I strongly disagree with your policy

It's as if the vast majority of these marketing/communications/event/museum
types--if that's not too broad a characterization--have a vested interested
in keeping writers uneducated about the promoted programs and the field at
large. The enlightened ones do precisely the opposite. Free lance writers
are treated like artists and communists. Kudos to the nurturing few among
these guard dogs of the status quo.

voice: 212.662.2961
fax: 212.222.4524

> From: Melissa Byrd <mbyrd@foretec.com>
> Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 16:43:20 -0400
> To: nettime-l@bbs.thing.net
> Subject: <nettime> Re: I strongly disagree with your policy
>
> Dear Geert,
>
> Richard Perlman, ISOC-VP for Conferences, has responded to your concern in
> the letter below. I sincerely hope this clears up the apparent confusion.
> Any further comments regarding this matter may be directed towards Mr.
> Perlman.
 <...>