ben moretti on Wed, 29 May 2002 10:37:37 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Neoist futbol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/low/english/football/teams/y/york_city/newsid_2010000/2010651.stm

Monday, 27 May, 2002, 11:31 GMT 12:31 UK

Blissett joins York

Former England international Luther Blissett has been appointed as a coach at
Third Division York City.
The ex-Watford striker will work alongside boss Terry Dolan and assistant Adie
Shaw as well as advising the club on future commercial ventures.

Chairman John Batchelor said: "We are very pleased to have Luther on board because
he has a lot of experience having played for clubs like Watford, AC Milan and
as an England international.

"He has seen to some extent what we are trying to achieve at York during his
time at Watford and that's the kind of success we are trying to mirror."

Blissett began his career with the Hornets in 1978, making more than 500 appearances,
before enjoying spells with Italian giants AC Milan, Bournemouth, Mansfield
and Bury.

He took on a coaching role at Vicarage Road when his playing career finished.

--
ben moretti
mailto:bmoretti@chariot.net.au

   __o