Mikael Pawlo on Thu, 16 May 2002 21:44:29 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Creative Commons just opened

I sent this to Dave Farber to (for IP) and Declan (for Politech). Maybe
you find it fit for Nettime as well.

Creative Commons just opened to the public. From the initial statement:
"We are building a Web-based application for dedicating copyrighted works
to the "public domain," and for generating flexible, generous licenses
that permit copying and creative reuses of copyrighted works."

Read also article in New York Times on the project:
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/13/technology/13FREE.html

Creative Commons web site:
http://www.creativecommons.org/

Regards