Lachlan Brown on Thu, 2 May 2002 22:37:08 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Love + Revolution/Revolution + Love - in which order

Brothers and Sisters of Nettime,

    I am pondering a dilemma and wondered whether
you would like to help me out. I would like to pose
a question that has caused me considerable confusion.
Is it possible to be a lover and not a revolutionary?
On the other hand is it possible to be a revolutionary
and not a lover?

Mebbe I am not thinking dialectically?

I would appreciate a collective pondering of the question
in some depth. It is an urgent one as we are in
revolutionary times and I need your advice. It will
help in the coming campaigns agaist Hate + Ignorance
which it appears have won a brief and temporary dominance
over the forces and powers of Love.

With love,

   Lachlan

the revolutionary is moved by profound feelings of lurve - che