nettime's_word-processor on Fri, 26 Apr 2002 23:36:49 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> flash. flash. flash. digest [sawad, klima, hwang]

Sawad <sawad@utensil.net>
     Re: <nettime> more flash digest [mcelroy x2, klima x2, fahey]
John Klima <klima@echonyc.com>
     [Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: Really Viral Marketing
Francis Hwang <sera@fhwang.net>
     <nettime> Flash as programming language

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:12:05 -0400
From: Sawad <sawad@utensil.net>
Subject: Re: <nettime> more flash digest [mcelroy x2, klima x2, fahey]

Joseph,

Maybe you can get Vince McMahon!

Seriously, I think that working with a text editor and a C compiler is
probably a lot more straightforward than needing to have "strategies for
migration or emulation" or not knowing whether "All this might change."
Otherwise, I am happy that you are enjoying "programming," or "feasting,"
or whatever anyone else wants to call it, in Flash or ActionScript. You
gotta do whatevah works for you.

Again, if this is all you people got out of my post, then I must have
failed terribly in communicating my arguments with Lev Manovich.

sawad

At 08:17 PM 4/25/02 -0400, nettime's_kompressor wrote:
>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:42:57 -0400
>From: "Joseph Franklyn McElroy Cor[porat]e [Per]form[ance] Art[ist]"
><joseph@electrichands.com>
>Subject: Re: <nettime> un-plugged-in digest [sawad, fahey, napier]
>

>Having started on Qbasic in the 70's (i was a very young prodigy), munched on
 <...