David Garcia on Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:37:38 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> All right, I admit it -- I went to Davos

Few would be brave enough to pick an argument with Bruce Sterling.

After all attempting to take him to task for powowing with many of those
responsible for ensuring that most of the worlds population remain in
penury and hunger (not to mention selling his soul for free Compaq WinCE
handheld, and the chance to hang out with Bono!) is about as thankless as
an English bobby trying to arrest a particularly outrageous yankee drag
queen, whilst all the time assuring the laughing bystanders that he may be
very funny but he is still wrong.

David Garcia

>From: Bruce Sterling <bruces@well.com>
>To: Announcer <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>
>Subject: <nettime> All right, I admit it -- I  went to Davos
>Date: Mon, Feb 11, 2002, 2:52
>

> I yield to no one in my admiration for Kermit Snelson, but at this point,
> I want to know who else from nettime was not down in Brazil with those
> zillion ineffectual leftists, but was hanging out with the globalist Great
> and the Good in Davos/NYC.

<...>