Sasha Paravina" (by way of richard barbrook) on Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:49:43 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Miss Croatia & Miss Brasil Read Zizek & Chomsky

Hello,

I would be vary curious to see whether Zizek will
comment on the idea. Personallly I do feel that the artist
needs to examine her own motives for such a provocative
statement.

Are Miss Croatia and Miss Brazil completely brainless that
they have to read Zizek and Chomsky in order to understand the
world we leave in? Do they have any opinions and thoughts of their own?
The text can be read by anyone but the question is whether the meaning is
understood.

In the light of present situation in Afghanistan and the way women's right
are denied I believe this kind of ideas  fuel  even more  the sexist
attitudes and
patriarchal nonsense.

Regards
Sasha