Heiko Recktenwald on Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:45:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> Coming Soon: Hollywood Versus the Internet (Mike Godwin)

> In the end, set aside any resentment of the corporate parents for a moment,
> and let me ask a simple question: if content producers effectively lose the
> right to compensation from and distribution of their works because of
> advances in technology, what do you think that's going to do to the quality
> and availability of content?

Isnt this overdramatisation ? Nobody will effectively lose any right,
because some geeks are fast. They dont count much. And I dont think that
will change much in the future, with more bandwidth etc. This whole crying
of Hollywood etc is typical american aggressiveness, they are never happy
with what they have, they want more. Even if they have 95 or 98 %, they
want 100. No reason to fear for the quality and availability of content.
Which quality, btw ? ;-)

H.