nettime's_gatekeeper on Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:26:59 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> business or pleasure digest [moretti, rustema]

ben moretti <bmoretti@chariot.net.au>
     Re: <nettime> Chile Night
ReindeR Rustema <subscriptions@reinder.rustema.nl>
     intimidating customs (Re: <nettime> Chile Night)

Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:24:30 +0930
Subject: Re: <nettime> Chile Night
From: ben moretti <bmoretti@chariot.net.au>

Hi Nina ~ One really only sees what one's country is like from the
outside looking in.... returning to Australia after a short time in
China and Hong Kong  I truly saw how foul the immigration officials are
here. Whilst standing in line with other travellers from Hong Kong, I
saw one fat immigration official singling out Chinese people and yelling
at them "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?". After the politeness of people in HK it
was very embarrassing. ~ Ben