Declan McCullagh on Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:42:35 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> The best defence is to give no offense

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 05:10:46PM -0400, Brian Holmes wrote:
> Interesting to note that the Cato Institute, "non-partisan" as it may be,
> is one of the major neoliberal think tanks, and as such, one of the
> artisans of the present world order.

I'm not sure what you mean by "neoliberal" -- Cato is in fact
libertarian -- but you may want to look at an excellent webcast of
a Cato discussion about terrorism and civil liberties. It's taking
place right now, but should be archived:
http://www.cato.org/events/011002pf.html

-Declan
(no affiliation with Cato, but I will be speaking at an event for them
next month)