David Goldschmidt on Tue, 2 Oct 2001 06:54:32 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Afghan women

> However, when the Afghan women spoke, it was evident their sentiments were
> much closer to mainstream America.

i consider civil disobedience as american as apple pie ... activists that
continue to criticize the policies of America and the West are, at times,
the true idealists.  activists see what's wrong and try to do something
about it.

i am not an Afghan woman but i can imagine that some of them sitting in that
meeting must have been a bit confused listening to continuous rant of
criticism of the American government ("Global Exchange, Green Party, some
revolutionary workers party").

i wonder if some of them were thinking to themselves ???  "do these
americans even realize how good they have it?"

i spend a lot of my time criticizing america and the West but i have to
remind myself at times how very lucky we are.

fight the good fight.

david goldschmidt