nettime's_crystal_ball on Sat, 22 Sep 2001 23:22:33 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> what is to be done digest [prince windseye krukowski brown(2)]

Jonathan Prince <jonathan@killyourtv.com>
     Defining Victory
windseye <windseye@cei.net>
     Work it out in World Court...
samantha krukowski <samantha@rasa.net>
     IDs for arab americans
"Lachlan Brown" <lachlan@london.com>
     Minutemen for Peace.
"Lachlan Brown" <lachlan@london.com>
     Re: <nettime> "Violence, old and new"

Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:12:25 -0400
From: Jonathan Prince <jonathan@killyourtv.com>
Subject: Defining Victory

Victory is not about winning, but about the will to use weapons.
Amazing quote.

jp
---
Defining Victory

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld Defines Victory
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/specials/attacked/transcripts/rumsfeld_092001.html

''Now, what is victory? I say that victory is persuading the American people
and the rest of the world that this is not a quick matter that is going to be
over in a month or a year or even five years.

It is something that we need to do so that we can continue to live in
a world with
powerful weapons and with people who are willing to use those powerful weapons.
And we can do that as a country, and that will be a victory, in my view.''

..
Jonathan Prince
jonathan@killyourtv.com
http://KillYourTV.com