cisler@mail.inreach.com on Tue, 21 Aug 2001 21:31:28 +0200 (CEST)

RE: Re: <nettime> Nigerian Scams (was : bomboclat: netstrike

I have received even more of these after I began to engage a few of the
writers in W. Africa by stringing them along, and warning them not to
use email to contact me because of my government's ability to track
email, monitor cell phone calls, and sent lightening bolts down the
phone lines to punish dishonest grifters in developing countries.

I also said I would invest but I was waiting for part of my payoff from
another generous relative of Mr. Sankoh of Sierra Leone who would be
sending me cash very soon.

Here's a good site that has collected many of these stories, evidence
again of the rich oral tradtion for which West Africa is so famous.

www.sierra-leone.org/scams.html

Steve Cisler