Announcer on Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:05:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Announcements [12]

Table of Contents:

   metabolics#7 feat.: Entropy8Zuper!
     florian schneider <fls@kein.org>

   ZAYAC No. 6
     Kalina Bunevska Isakovska <kalina@scca.org.mk>

   Call for Proposals: Is This the Future of the City?
     Andreas Broeckmann <abroeck@transmediale.de>

   Babelizer
     aurora@easynet.co.uk (Sarah Thompson)

   new exhibit invitation
     "Carlos I. Sanchez Vegas" <cisvg@cisvg.com>

   CALL FOR SUBMISSION > IO-N.NET
     "gregory chatonsky" <rank@incident.net>

   Fw: <demokratica> re:struct
     "Gabriel Pickard" <werg@demokratica.de>

   world bank protests?
     Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher@igc.org>

   forward: interactivist info exchange
     acm acm <artofficial2@yahoo.com>

   call for submissions for soundtoys.net
     autonomy <ultrasoundings@hotmail.com>

   new site's up'n running...
     artologue admin <admin@artologue.org>

   CIAC Magazine 13th edition
     "ciac" <courrier@ciac.ca>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:48:41 +0200
From: florian schneider <fls@kein.org>
Subject: metabolics#7 feat.: Entropy8Zuper!

M E T A B O L I C S # 7
THURSDAY 12 JULY 2001
20:00 +0100 (MET)
Feat.: Auriea Harvey und Michael Samyn, Entropy8Zuper! (Gent/BE)

More Information, archived and live stream:
http://www.linksverkehr.net/metabolics

RE: BROADBAND

"Information Technology is not the Future. We are." That's the slogan of
AURIEA HARVEY and MICHAEL SAMYN, two of the best known and highly
decorated net artists and web designers of our time. Their work consists
of digital sculptures, fat files, coined by digital exuberance,
hilarious affluence and provocative splendour.

In the developing country called internet, controversy about ressources
is sometimes as big as in defficient economies. Easily can artists who
in no case want to restrict their work on minimalistic ascii art, become
the target of digital correctness. AURIEA HARVEY and MICHAEL SAMYN
probably are bothered by the citicicsm of purists as little as they are
by the appreciation by the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, which
awarded them the highest decorated price for net.art - the SF MoMA Webby
Prize 2000. Whoever has a couple of hours left, and a highspeed internet
connection, can be sure to be part a very exclusive audience, when
watching works like "wirefire" or "skinonskinonskin". And Samyn and
Harvey consistently prove their emotional straightforwardness and
honesty. In the worst case they make clear that "Your browser sucks".

At METABOLICS//STOFFWECHSEL#7 on the 12th of july 2001, AURIEA HARVEY
and MICHAEL SAMYN, Entropy8Zuper! present a collection of their
spectacular, CPU-clogging and bandwith-consuming projects. The work
they've been designing together as entropy8zuper.org for a while can
nearly be put in the tradition of baroque works of art. The relationship
between Harvey (entropy8) and Samyn (zuper), who also privately are a
couple since their collaboration at a project for the online gallery
hell.com, is a repeating subject in their works as well. Harvey was
considered as one of the most important web designers in New York,
creating websites for Lenny Kravitz and Janet Jackson and winning the
"Webby Awards" 1997 und 1998. Samyn, well known not only as an artist,
indisputably is one of the pioneers of interactive design.

Links:
http://www.entropy8zuper.org
http://www.entropy8zuper.org/skinonskinonskin
http://www.entropy8zuper.org/wirefire
http://zuper.com/hero
http://entropy8.com/wrong
http://entropy8zuper.org/404kiss

METABOLICS//STOFFWECHSEL presents innovative projects and debates in
net.art, .culture and .politics on a monthly basis, starting from
january 2001, in Muffathalle in Munich. METABOLICS//STOFFWECHSEL is
curated by Florian Schneider, Harald Staun and Dietmar Lupfer.
METABOLICS//STOFFWECHSEL will be streamed live and stored in a database.
<http://www.linksverkehr.net/metabolics> If you want to be informed
regurarily about the program, receive additional information and take
part in ongoing discussions, we invite you to subscribe to our
newsletter: <http://www.linksverkehr.net/metabolics/subscribe.html>