Announcer on Tue, 26 Jun 2001 05:07:46 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Announcements [9x]

Table of Contents:

   As a researcher /As a dancer
     Yukihiko Yoshida <yukihiko@sfc.keio.ac.jp>

   no_art.garanty + ilnecwhattrhee + rhino + alpha
     lordjimpunk <lord@jimpunk.com>

   videomail_mix.mx
     fran ilich <ilich@sputnik.com.mx>

   Steve Reinke | Recent Work
     "SMART Project Space" <tom@smartprojectspace.net>

   FREE OF CHAT
     www@trashconnection.com

   Interview Yourself - Latest Interviews 6/23/01
     Amy Alexander <plagiari@plagiarist.org>

   kick baby kick- baby play
     shu lea cheang <shulea@earthlink.net>

   'net-art is lame...'
     Cem Gencer <cemgencer@ultratv.net>

   Inserts - Dora Garcia
     =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9?= Luis Brea <jlbrea@aleph-arts.org>

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:57:02 +0900
From: Yukihiko Yoshida <yukihiko@sfc.keio.ac.jp>
Subject: As a researcher /As a dancer

Dear list,

I was determined my field the other day.

My fields is in the following.

== Trans-Fields Cultural Studies/ Archival Cultural Studies ==

 --Database/Hypertext/Semantic Web
 --WebStudies

 --CyberCulture(Studies)
 --MediaStudies/MediaActivism
    --Art/Act
 --Technology and Culuture
 --Visual Cultural Studies
    --Visual Studies (Jonathan Crary calls this field in this name)
    --Art/Design/Architecture
    --PerformanceArt
    etc
    --Visual Cognition and Theory
 --Culture and Representation
 --Body Culture Studies/SportsMedia

 --Organization / Governance
 --Copyright

In fact, I am a young researcher.
On the other hand,I am a dancer.
And as some of you know, I am moderating japanese interdiciplinary
dance studies mailing list.

In Japanese Academy,there is few multi-dimentional researcher (or artist.)
Then I must be black sheep of family :-)

How are you all ?

Literature is already digital.
Dance is already digital.
Cultural Studies is already digital.
Sometime,I write codes and drafts. Some traditonal professors cannot
categolize me.
I believe the topic,dance and technology, is interdiciplinary fields.
Some of you work as dancer.
Some of you work as programmer.
Some of you work as reseacher.
But most of you has multi-diciplinary is multi-dimentional.

Best Wishes from TOKYO

Yukihiko

- --Yuk;-)iko YOSHIDA
Yukihiko YOSHIDA
Artist/Systems Humanist/Generalist

Keio University,Graduate School for Media and Governance
Japanese Society for Dance Research
The moderator of Dance Mailing List:
       <http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~yukihiko/danceml.html>
Citizen of World