cornelia on Sat, 9 Jun 2001 15:14:00 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> OBN@venice biennale "mind the flowers"

venice, june 8, 2001

at the opening of the slovenian pavillion, several members of the Old Boys
Network congratulated Vuk Cosic and handed over a huge bouquet of flowers to
him. amongst Tadej Pogacar and 0100101110101101.org, Vuk Cosic is the
representative of the republic of slovenia in the solvenian pavillion at the
49th biennale of art in venice. following is the speech which has been
delivered by OBN at this occasion:

"In behalf of the Old Boys Network, an international autonomous cyberfeminist
networking organisation, we offer this acknowledgement to Vuk Cosic. We
congratulate Vuk on his success on bringing net.art to the venice biennale,
which definitely is one of the pinnacles in his career. additionally he has
curated the first temporary autonomous pavillion ever at a biennale. we honour
Vuk in using his powerful position not just to represent slovenia and bring his
personal net.art position to this prestigious international event, but also to
show the positions of his net.art colleagues. we wish him well in his future
responsibilities to the net art community."