nettime's_dot_dot_dot on Tue, 15 May 2001 09:08:59 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> RVINS OF A NEVV ECONOMII DIGEST [lebkowsky, weishaus]

RE: <nettime> Ruins of a new economy
     "Jon Lebkowsky" <jonl@well.com>
     "Joel Weishaus" <weishaus@pdx.edu>

From: "Jon Lebkowsky" <jonl@well.com>
Subject: RE: <nettime> Ruins of a new economy
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 10:48:56 -0600

> Today's NY Times has another piece called
>
> What Have E-Consultants Wrought? By AMY HARMON
>
> where she looks at the damage caused by consultants (gee, what a novel
> theme!) over the past four years or so.

However there were also those of us who were somewhat skeptical of the
mania, yet wandered down that whacky path imagining that we were building
sustainable enterprises. (I worked with a "sustainable" company that lasted
only four months!)

And I once argued with Mark Dery that Kevin Kelly was a cut above Tom
Peters; now I'm not so sure.

So continuing my train of thought from a message earlier today... we need a
better sense of ethics, but we also need better bullshit detectors!

-- jon