Nick Moffitt on Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:04:16 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Sounds like it could be handy

begin  Rick Prelinger quotation:
> Mr. Bad writes:
> >Specifically, Open Source software can be sold for money. Why can't I
> >sell your archived movies? Or show them in a theater? Why? Why? Why?
[...]
> There are only two things we would prefer you not do: sell or take
> money for the original files, and/or use them to go into the stock
> footage business.

	From http://opensource.org/osd.html

    6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor

    The license must not restrict anyone from making use of the
    program in a specific field of endeavor. For example, it may not
    restrict the program from being used in a business, or from being
    used for genetic research.

If you hold copyright on the works, then it is certainly your
perogative to license them as you choose.  However, be aware that the
above paragraphs demonstrate a contradiction between your choice of
terms and the goals of an Open Source license.

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!