www.nettime.org
Nettime mailing list archives

<nettime> malibran aperitif digest (teven|kuni|bosma|integer|porculus|br
nettime's_symbolic_formalist on 8 Mar 2001 03:44:54 -0000


[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

<nettime> malibran aperitif digest (teven|kuni|bosma|integer|porculus|brace)


"Anja Teven" <anja.t {AT} freeze.com>
     Re: Re: <nettime> Venice, an option
kuni <kuni {AT} mail.uni-mainz.de>
     Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art
Josephine Bosma <jesis {AT} xs4all.nl>
     Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art
integer {AT} www.god-emil.dk
     [no subject
"porculus" <porculus {AT} wanadoo.fr>
     Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art
{ brad brace } <bbrace {AT} eskimo.com>
     Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: 7 Mar 2001 11:16:02 -0000
From: "Anja Teven" <anja.t {AT} freeze.com>
Subject: Re: Re: <nettime> Venice, an option

dear kuni 

>...because net.art, I mean: real net.art and esp.
>true net.art (that is: the context you named above)
>definitely was (and is) more or less "men only"?

i.e.

0100101110101101.org is 50% female
irational.org is 50% female.
nn is hypothetically 100% female.
that overhyped c5 artrice is 100$ female.
olia lialina is 100% female.
eva wohlgemuth is 100% female.
jodi is 50% female.

>brilliant!

or is it ignorant?

best regards
Anja


*********************************************
Want free email? Sign up at http://www.freeze.com !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 13:12:37 +0100
From: kuni <kuni {AT} mail.uni-mainz.de>
Subject: Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art

dear anja,

> 0100101110101101.org is 50% female
as I conceeded
> irational.org is 50% female.
> nn is hypothetically 100% female.
> that overhyped c5 artrice is 100$ female.
> olia lialina is 100% female.
> eva wohlgemuth is 100% female.
> jodi is 50% female.
100 % correct
(esp. in the last case, yes, my fault)

[to be frank: personally, I believe
that not only any true piece of net.art,
but also all true net.artists are 100% female
-- even those who do not know about that so far
and are spending their public, sometimes
even their private life as male
impersonators to make sure they succeed in
the art world... some even get
married and/or pretend to have children
with their female partners ;-))]

anyway, well, I have to admit the hormonal status
of the artists themselves was not my point --
maybe it was more the hormonal status of
the net.art(.history discussion) in general
... which is, again, not _that_ directly
related to the biological
sex of those participating in the discussion
on net.art going on here...
even if one might trace something like that
between the lines...

best,
kuni

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 13:14:15 +0100
From: Josephine Bosma <jesis {AT} xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art

verena kuni wrote:

> anyway, well, I have to admit the hormonal status
> of the artists themselves was not my point --
> maybe it was more the hormonal status of
> the net.art(.history discussion) in general
> ... which is, again, not _that_ directly
> related to the biological
> sex of those participating in the discussion
> on net.art going on here...
> even if one might trace something like that
> between the lines...

Can you either be more vague or clear? It might clarify your important
issue. Thanks.



J
*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From: integer {AT} www.god-emil.dk
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:35:03 +0100 (CET)

>dear kuni 
>
>>...because net.art, I mean: real net.art and esp.
>>true net.art (that is: the context you named above)
>>definitely was (and is) more or less 
>"men only"?                               "women only"

                                
                                      
>i.e.
>
>0100101110101101.org is 50% female
>irational.org is 50% female.
>nn is hypothetically 100% female.

nn = 100 prozent leavez + petalz



>>brilliant!
>
>or is it ignorant?


net.art +?


>best regards

free regards


>Anja
>
>
>*********************************************
>Want free email? 

no. http://www.frieze.com/features/features.asp?f=559




kuni <kuni {AT} mail.uni-mainz.de>

>[to be frank: 

du = kan b frank an! t!me u l!ke kun!

>personally, I believe
>that not only any true piece of net.art,
>but also all true net.artists are 100% female
>-- even those who do not know about that so far
>and are spending their public, sometimes
>even their private life as male
>impersonators to make sure they succeed in
>the art world... some even get
>married and/or pretend to have children
>with their female partners ;-))]

http://meta.am/pop/ztar
100 prozent grl.vr!!endl!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

From: "porculus" <porculus {AT} wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:14:58 +0100

> Can you either be more vague or clear? It might clarify your important
> issue. Thanks.

do you think at some vuk's pheromonal ascii encoding my syster ? brilliant
! myself i have also exactly the same idea since i know one could do some
notes with gene. for instance yesterday i drive two kids to school in
hearing eminem's 'suck my dick' with so much suck spagetty noise..here
eminem is quite inoffensive cause kids don't understand what the fuck he
says..but in hearing the two kids used of what they call 'fart clay' you
know this kind of plasticine that rang so true borborygmus...so much
incredible i stop for hearing better : kids laugh and laugh so much with in
the beat the plasticine with eminem ! ... i i was extatic exactly as you
are... my english is not so good especially when i sing but there... really
really great !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:09:17 -0800 (PST)
From: { brad brace } <bbrace {AT} eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Venice, an option // 100% net.art

...and wonder which pompous art-experts and pandering
net-artist-victims will first feed the latest glittery techno trinkets
into the gaping maw of the global financial launderer of cultural
genocide... will there be prizes?

The art museum is not your friend.

http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/nwo-pp.jpg
http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/blabbering-cronies.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

#  distributed via <nettime>: no commercial use without permission
#  <nettime> is a moderated mailing list for net criticism,
#  collaborative text filtering and cultural politics of the nets
#  more info: majordomo {AT} bbs.thing.net and "info nettime-l" in the msg body
#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nettime {AT} bbs.thing.net