nettime's mini-digestion on 1 Mar 2001 20:03:06 -0000

<nettime> The Delanews project & Article on Usenet/Google

1.......From: "S. Kritikos" <metacode@yahoo.com>
........Subject: The Delanews project

2.......From: ronda@ais.org (Ronda Hauben)
........Subject: Article in Telepolis about Culture Clash over Usenet
Archives

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:34:09 -0800 (PST)
From: "S. Kritikos" <metacode@yahoo.com>
Subject: The Delanews project
To: nettime <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>

A follow up to our recent discussion about Google and Deja:

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

-----//////////////--------------------------------

Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:38:01 -0500 (EST)
From: ronda@ais.org (Ronda Hauben)
To: nettime-l@bbs.thing.net
Subject: Article in Telepolis about Culture Clash over Usenet Archives

   "Culture Clash: The Google Purchase of the 1995-2001 Usenet Archive
And the Online Community" is an article on some of the issues raised by
the purchase of the Usenet archives from Deja.com. The article is
online in "Telepolis".

It's online at http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/te/7013/1.html

It also puts the problem in the context of the is history and vision
for the Internet.

Ronda
ronda@ais.org