S. Kritikos on 16 Feb 2001 08:26:08 -0000

Re: <nettime> Usenet archives sold?

--- Ronda Hauben <ronda@ais.org> wrote:
> "S. Kritikos" <metacode@yahoo.com> writes:
> >Folks, Ronda has the right idea here. I was wondering whether there are
> >any people here interested in exploring the idea of developing such an
> >organization or working with existing organizations in order to
> preserve Internet archives?
>

> Does this need for example a mailing list - or using an existing mailing
> list? Or a newsgroup on Usenet?

> Perhaps there needs to be some exploration of what the problem is and
> why
> it exists. Where is the research effort and funding that should be
> taking on such problems as archiving Usenet going instead?

Perhaps there is a need for a mailing list that will explore the issue of
preserving the Internet primary data such as Usenet for future study
together with all the intellectual property issues etc

Regards
S. (Sam) Kritikos