Jonathan Prince on 29 Jan 2001 06:28:07 -0000

<nettime> The Self-Organized Web

The Self-Organized Web

Audio at:
http://www.theconnection.org/archive/2001/01/0124b.shtml
The internet is getting self-organized. While conventional online
media ventures like CNN.com are choking in the e-business downturn, a
new crop of web sites is tapping into the collective wisdom of their
users to serve up the freshest material online. Rather than depend on
a top-down editorial team, sites like Slashdot, Epinions, The Vines,
and Plastic.com rely on a growing community of engaged visitors who
post their own thoughts, reviews, opinions, links to articles, and
all kinds of current content.
--

..
Jonathan Prince