Announcer on 23 Dec 2000 20:48:39 -0000

<nettime> Announcements [5]

Table of Contents:

   FYI: CFP2001 Call for Proposals
     James.Ryan@telemedianetworks.com

   Double Appel Touch [ http://pavu.com/interferences/dat.htm ]
     "pavu.com.ctgr" <ctgr@free.fr>

   =?iso-8859-1?Q?::_cordial_invitacion_::_?=
     "=?iso-8859-1?Q?::_oscar_a._garcia_::?=" <oscarimpi@hotmail.com>

   transmediale.01 newsletter no.1
     "transmediale" <info@transmediale.de>

   Financial Cryptography 01 preliminary program
     "R. A. Hettinga" <rah@shipwright.com>

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 16:15:45 +1300
From: James.Ryan@telemedianetworks.com
Subject: FYI: CFP2001 Call for Proposals

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:37:45 -0500
From: HIIP@Harvard.edu
Subject: Computers, Freedom, and Privacy CFP2001 Call for Participation

CFP2001: The Eleventh Conference on Computers, Freedom and Privacy

Hyatt Regency Cambridge
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
March 6 - 9, 2001

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

The Program Committee of the Conference on Computers, Freedom, and Privacy
(CFP2001) invites your participation and proposals for the eleventh annual
CFP, which will be held at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge, Massachusetts,
USA, on March 6 - 9, 2001.

CFP2001 is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).

CFP is the leading policy conference for exploring the impact of the
Internet, computers and communications technologies on society. $B?(BFor more
than a decade, CFP has anticipated the policy trends and issues and shaped
the public debate on the future of privacy and freedom in the online world.
Each year at CFP, key members of the technical, government, business,
education, non-profit, legal, law enforcement, security, media and
hacker/cracker communities gather together to address the cutting edge
questions in computing, freedom and privacy. $B?(BCFP themes are broad and
forward-looking. CFP explores what will be, not what has been.

Since this CFP will be held in 2001, the theme is the future of computing,
freedom and privacy, including the convergence of information and
communication technologies with other advanced technology areas and the new
challenges to freedom and privacy that they engender throughout the world.
The Internet is a global phenomenon with significant local impacts. We
encourage innovative and imaginative thinking on these topics and invite
you to submit proposals for CFP2001 conference activities. $B?(BOf particular
interest are proposals on:

GOVERNANCE, including impact of the Internet on governance; impact of
governance on the Internet; ICANN; voting; standards; antitrust and
competition policy; new models for governance; and stakeholders in
governance.

SOCIAL IMPACTS, such as the relationship between the individual and her
communities.

INDIVIDUAL AUTONOMY AND INTEGRITY, particularly human rights; freedom of
expression; censorship; free speech and access; freedom of association;
freedom of movement; and exploration of the roles of non-identifiability,
pseudonymity, and anonymity.

CONVERGENCE of information and communication technologies (ICT); of ICT and
content; of ICT with other advanced technology areas, including
biotechnology, biology and materials science; and related industry mergers,
consolidations and activities.

DIGITAL DIVIDE in the face of the growth of the ubiquitous information
environment; access to the network infrastructure; access to information;
broadband policy; education policy; and related telecommunications, cable,
intellectual property and freedom of information (FOIA) rules.

PRIVACY, including the growth and role of the chief privacy officer; privacy
as the default; US legislation; international developments and trends; and
an international privacy convention.

INTERNATIONAL ISSUES, especially the emerging issues of global privacy
protection; international principles of human rights; security of
information systems; intellectual property; objectionable content;
cybercrime; jurisdiction; regulation; and legislation.

ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, including consumer protection; and the impact of
payment systems, regulations, and technical standards on personal freedom
and privacy.

We encourage proposals not only on these subjects, but also on the border
areas between these topics, such as intellectual property protection and
privacy.

We strongly encourage proposals that involve leading experts, innovators,
policymakers, and thinkers.

CFP2001 PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Proposals should be submitted no later than January 5, 2001, via the
CFP2001 website at http://www.cfp2001.org.

Proposals should include the following information:

1. PRESENTATION TITLE
2. PRESENTATION TYPE
Plenary conference sessions (30 minutes to 1.5 hours)
Lunch breakout sessions (1 hour)
Tutorials (3 hours)
BOFs ("birds of a feather" sessions) (no time limit)
3. PROPOSED LENGTH OF PRESENTATION
4. NAME(S) OF SPEAKER(S), PLUS BRIEF BACKGROUND DESCRIPTION FOR EACH
SPEAKER
5. A BRIEF DESCRIPTION (no more than 100 words) OF THE TOPIC AND FORMAT,
suitable for conference brochure and press release.
6. COMPLETE CONTACT INFORMATION (e-mail, phone, and mailing address). For
presentations with more than one speaker, please include complete contact
information for all the proposed speakers.

We encourage a variety of formats, including panels, debates, individual
speeches or keynotes, interviews, role plays, reverse role plays, case
studies, Socratic dialogues, etc.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS

All proposals must be received no later than January 5, 2001.  Please
follow the submission guidelines above.

PLEASE SUBMIT PROPOSALS AT HTTP://WWW.CFP2001.ORG.

For additional information about CFP2001, please visit the conference
website at http://www.cfp2001org.