brian carroll on 28 Nov 2000 08:53:04 -0000

<nettime> notes on the post-election campain

 talking with the local maddened eccentric
 at a busy intersection in the small island
 city of alameda, california, about the new
 concentration of military people surrounding
 a possible Bush II cabinet: the resident
 schizophrenic declares to all the post-election
 middle-class voters walking on the commercial
 street at the top of his lungs:

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 he yelled this not once, but at least 20 times,
 and everyone from all four streets were focussed
 on his politically incorrect and radical ranting...

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 et cetera.

 what is interesting, in the post-election campaign between Bush II
 and Gore II, is that military absentee voter ballets were disqualified,
 or at least only partially counted. this in itself is not a vote-counting
 issue in the US presidential maneuvering, but instead the Republicans have
 now made statements to the effect that Gore is ~against the military being
 able to vote.~ not idle talk, even US Retired General Norman Schwartzkopf
 (sp?) was shown on television, from his wood-paneled library-media room,
 stating that Gore was trying to `deny the military of their right to
 vote,' as if it were an actual conspiracy. he was visibly angry, and
 not diplomatic but inflammatory, like a general getting his new troops
 ideologically ready for the savages of an ongoing and intensified battle.

 `war heroes' and ideologically military people in Bush II's campaign,
 and likely to be included in his cabinet positions for government
 offices, having strong influences upon the highest `public' office...

 Bush I -       WWII hero of `the greatest generation'
                Former Director of the CIA
                Former US President, Vice President under Reagan
                Father of Bush I

 Bob Dole -     Former WWII hero of `the greatest generation'
                At the lead of getting the WWII monument placed
                centrally on the Mall between the Washington and
                Lincoln monuments for `the greatest generation'.
                Senator, Former Republican Presidential candidate

 John McCain-   Former prisoner of war in Vietnam for many years.
                Popular war veteran/hero.
                Senator

 Bush II -      Son of President Bush I
                Questionable military service in National Guard:
                - AWOL without reprimand
                - avoided Vietnam through family influence
                - reports of drug use during military service.
                see: http://www.skeletoncloset.org
                the next US President, save snowflakes in hell

 Dick Cheney -  Former Secretary of Defense
                Former US Senator

 Norman
 Swartzkopf  -  Retired General
                Gulf War `hero' under Presidency of Bush I

 and now, for the reason i have written the above out in long form:

 it was *rumored* (!!!could be FALSE, MISINFORMATION, & NEVER SAID!!!)
 that Retired General Colin Powell may become Bush II's appointment as
 the US Secretary of State. that is, the `diplomat' who is sent to create
 and politically enforce foreign policy decisions. "Secretary of State:
 the chief advisor to the president on foreign affairs, in charge of
 the State Department, and responsible for the execution of foreign
 policy." [1] here is a little background (the present US Secretary
 of State is Madeline Albright...)

 Colin Powell - Retired General
                Gulf War `hero'
                Former Head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff: "a committee
                comprising the chief military advisors to the US President,
                the Secretary of Defense and the National Security Council.^
                It was created (1942) to assist the president in directing
                US forces in the 2nd world war. After the war it was given
                statutory recognition and a full-time staff, comprising the
                army chief of staff, the air force chief of staff, the air
                force chief of staff, the chief of naval operations, and a
                chairman. A fifth seat is reserved for the commandant of
                the Marine Corps, whenever his attendance is required." [1]

 ^it seems the National Security Council could become the Bush II cabinet:

 "National Security Council: a US top-secret council established in
 1947 and composed of the president, vice-president, secretary of
 state, secretary of defense, and the director of the office of
 emergency preparedness. It advises the president on matters that
 require the coordination of domestic, foreign and military policies.
 Its operations and funds are not made known even to Congress."[1]

 it has me pondering- what kind of domestic policy will be given to
 civic unrest/protestors, both from the FBI and local police, given
 the `law and order' theme of Bush II et al? it seems probable that
 military policies could become domestic policies when dealing with
 'civil emergencies' where the authority of military/police tactics
 could usurp a citizen's democratic rights, if dissent increases...

 needless to say, all the war heroes written above are also considered
 in the media pantheon of 'American Heroes', giving a larger than life
 and mythical status to their importance as US public citizens. i can
 only think of the schizophrenic's statement on that corner that day:

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 - I DON'T WANT ANY  `W A R - H E R O E S'  LEADING THE COUNTRY!

 add to this mix, the law and order authority of Former Secretary of
 State James Baker, who worked under Bush I and now Bush II, and my
 odd fellow citizen's pre-election forecast has an interesting twist:

 "I'll be caddying [golf] for the [prison] warden if they [the
 Republicans] get elected."

 * no conspiracy theory - just the facts *

 human being (from the United States, where civilian
 warfare is being waged by and for the status quo)

 [1] Webster's Dictionary

 t h e   A r c h i t e c t u r e  o f  E l e c t r i c i t y
 read the AE thesis today : http://www.architexturez.com/ae/