Drazen Pantic on 5 Nov 2000 01:41:41 -0000

<nettime> spam and more

An email from my today's inbox:

AHMED GUZO

 EMAIL:ahbguzo@yahoo.com

REQUEST FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE

I got to know of you in my search for a reputable person/Company to assist
in an urgent business deal requiring utmost trust and confidentiality.

I am AHMED GUZO, an Attorney and close confidant of MRS. MARYAM ABACHA,
the former first lady and wife of the late GEN. SANI ABACHA, the former
head of state and commander in chief of the armed forces of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria.

She (MRS. M. ABACHA), has as a result of the trust and confidence she has
in me mandated that I search for a reliable and trustworthy foreign
partner, who will help receive some funds which she had in cash totaling
US$50m (fifty million United States Dollars only) into a personal, company
or any reliable foreign bank account for safe keeping for a short period
of time, since her family bank accounts within and outside the country
have all been frozen by the authorities.  (I would refer you the website
of TELL WEEKLY MAGAZINE:  WWW.tell.org. of November 23, 1998 page 25, for
further information about this monies and the ABACHAS.)

This money in question has however, been clearly moved in defaced from to
a close by country - Ghana and Deposited with a security company that has
its headquarters in London with branches in North America, Asia, and West
Africa.

It may also interest you to note that she (MRS. ABACHA) and her family
have, since the inception the present democratic government, been placed
under partial house arrest, with their international travelers passports
withdrawn pending when the current fund recovery face - off between they
and the present RTD GEN. OBASANJO led Federal Government is resolved,
which from all indications will not exceed this year.

She has decided to offer anybody who will be willing to render this
tremendous assistance, 20% of the total sum.

Note that this transaction involves no risks whatsoever, as you will have
no dealing with my Country, Nigeria.  Rather, you will deal directly with
the security company, which is based where the money is right now.

Let me have your confidential Tel/Fax Numbers in your response to this
proposal.

I shall let you into a complete picture of this mutual beneficial
transaction when I have received your anticipated positive response on the
above E-mail address.

This matter should be treated as urgent and confidential.

Best regards.

DR. AHMED GUZO