Robbin Neal Murphy on 17 Sep 2000 23:15:32 -0000

Re: <nettime> mailinglist architectures: rhizome, nettime

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Pit Schultz wrote:

> ?: What is the difference between Rhizome Raw and Nettime for example?
>
> Mark Tribe: The main difference is that Nettime is focused on theory and
> politics and the culture mode of the net. Our focus is on new media
> art
> Nettime continues to operate on the gift economy while we're
> transitioning to a funded organization.

There's no concept of cultural landscape here and cultural policy
is very political. Hey, we're Americans! Rhizome has made itself
attractive to current funding sources. The Thing has not, but is working
on a new makeup routine.

Robbin Murphy
Development Director
The Thing