Decklin Foster on Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:33:40 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Napster: a review

patrick lichty writes:

> To exaggerate the point, if I had done so for an entire year, such
> an endeavor would have 'saved' me somewhere in the range of $23,000.
> Even with the online scheme of $1 per song, the potential revenue
> is closer to $16,000.

Oh, this is complte bullocks. You are aware that we have already gone
through this argument with the issue of ``warez'', right? Hint: I
don't *make* $23,000, or even $16,000, a year.

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Piracy

> for content marketers to wrestle with the 20th century paradigms of
> material culture in a largely immaterial environment, they will
> have to establish new systems of distribution and control

``content marketers'' can die a horrible death as far as I'm
concerned.

	Being a ``content provider'' is prostitution work that
	devalues our art and doesn't satisfy our spirits.
	        -- Courtney Love

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)