Douglas Rushkoff on Sat, 1 Apr 2000 18:17:55 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> Webby Awards

I was asked to be one of the final judges in the Activism category. I
admit I was surprised not to find Etoy/Toywar on the list of nominees, but
figured they were put in a different section. Etoy do describe themselves
more as artists playing activists (because they were forced to) than
activists using art. In any case, they certainly participated in one of
the major web events of the year - however it may be classified.

The activism category was listed like this:

-------------

These sites use the Internet to exact change. Visit all five nominees and
cast your vote for the best in The People's Voice Awards!

Nominees:

American Civil Liberties Union
http://www.aclu.org

The Action Network