t.whid on Fri, 24 Mar 2000 06:18:26 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> artainment chat

At 7:44 PM -0800 3/23/00, conceptualart.org wrote:
>So what's your long winded analysis of Art Entertainment Network/Let's
>Entertain ?
>
>curator@conceptualart.org

hey! are you calling me long-winded? ;-)

i haven't seen Let's Entertain.

when i first heard about the exhibitions i thought "great", because
M.river and i are dealing with lots of the same issues.
entertainment's influence on art, art's influence on entertainment.
mriver and i thought, "hey, is there going to be a zeitgeist here or
what?" and are we going to be a part of it?

i'm not going to pretend that i don't mind having our work included
in the show (AEN). the Walker Art Center Branding can only help MTAA.

Seeing the AEN i realized that artists and curators are going to
disappear on the internet. there will be things and some people will
make them, and some people will organize them in themes and
arrangements that create a larger context for them. the organizers
will be the fans of the creators, the public will be fans of the
organizers. i see a DJ/ARTIST paradigm developing. i go to dance, i
don't know 70% of what the DJ is spinning, i go to hear the DJ. i
think cultural activity on the net may move in this way.

but in the dance music realm, the djs make records, the artists dj,
whatever, it's all the same thing. artainers on the net could
function this way. creating things, organizing things, cutting and
pasting their way to a new context.

=
=
=