DIAN on Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:56:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] DIAN Announcement for March

DIAN - Digital Interactive Artists' Network

http://dian-network.com

March:

DIAN - Digital Interactive Artists' Network -
Our focus for the month of March is ED BURTON. We proudly present his work:

"Sodaplay"

http://dian-network.com/navigation.html

Sodaplay describes itself as the home of creative play; it’s all about the fun that comes from playing with creativity. The first sodaplay toy, sodaconstructor, is an engaging online construction kit that gives visitors the ability to build interactive creations from a sparse framework of limbs and muscles. By altering physical properties like gravity, friction and speed, curiously anthropomorphic models can be made to walk, climb, wriggle, jiggle or alternatively collapse into a writhing heap.

Sodaconstructor exploded across the internet in a wave of spontaneous e-mail communication and web postings in the summer of 2000 creating a massive growth of unusually dedicated users in a phenomenon known as viral marketing. Since then a large and active worldwide community of sodaplayers have been creating their own sodaconstructions which now populate the sodazoo with a bourgeoning menagerie of models that are stranger and more diverse than soda ever imagined possible.

DIAN - Digital Interactive Artists' Network - is a network for artists who are seriously involved in using Internet technology in the domain of contemporary art.

We are deeply interested in artists working in this field. Artists working with the web, the net and related domains, please submit your work here:
http://dian-network.com/information.html

Visit DIAN and explore what can be done on the Internet.

address: http://dian-network.com
e-mail: info@dian-network.com

to unsubscribe from this list send an email
to unsubscribe@dian-network.com