Abdul-Jalil on Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:39:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] VH1 Born to Diva,Temptation Island 3,J-Lo

SUPERSTAR MANAGEMENT
7633 Sunkist Drive, Oakland CA  94605-3032
(510) 839-5400,  Fax (510) 638-8889
http://www.superstarmanagement.com
FROM:  Abdul-Jalil [mailto:jalil@superstarmanagement.com]

               We have a HipHop Ad Agency specializing in advertising, strategic planning, promotions and marketing to the hard to reach, but extremely lucrative, X-Y and Baby Boomer generations urban and suburban markets using Hip Hop culture, it’s sound, it’s fashion, it’s speak, it’s bravado, it’s image, it’s way, as the vehicle. We have registered the services of Hip Hop, Rap and RB's elite artists, producers, video directors, writers, choreographers, dancers, graff artist, B-boys, photographers, actors, models, and professional athletes to participate in this eX-whY? AdVenture. We are producing commercial ads from concept, to creation, to production, to placement in media, - the entire process-, while owning our product!!!
            We custom design, write, direct, produce, perform and provide all talent for the commercial, the jingle, and all promotions associated with the product. Do you remember the award winning Nike "Freestyle" Commercial with MJ, Vince Cater, etc.? How about the Allen Iverson Reebok "MVP" commercial?.
             Please give me a call and check out the website for more info at: Thanks, and don't forget to check out our website at:

http://www.superstarmanagement.com

Abdul-Jalil
(510) 839-5400

 Taping for Television

      What started out as a lecture is now becoming a television production. We will be recording the lecture on "Hip Hop and the Spread of Islam" at U.C. Berkeley for broadcast and I would like to include the comments and perspectives of as many of your readers, muslims and entertainers as possible. We expect responses from Talib Kweli, Freeway, Devine Styler, Tribe Called Quest(Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed), Common, Rapael Saddiq, DMX, Pharoah Monch, Busta Rhymes, Wu Tang Clan(Method Man, Ghostface Killa), Mobb Deep, Outkast(Andre), Everlast, The Roots, Suheir Hammad from "Def Poetry Jam. To that end, I would like to ask all of you and your readers to submitt their comments in writing via e-mail or snail mail, audio tape, video tape, CD or MP3. They may do so as a rap, letter, or any other form of expression that they chose, just be sure to address thier opinion on this phenomenon clearly. Consider:
    Why is Islam growing so rapidly?
    Why are so many of the new converts women, and among them a large percentage of white women?
    Why is it predicted that if Islam continues to grow at it's current rate, by the year 2020 A.D. a majority of African-American males will be Muslim?
    What do they have to say? I want to hear from them.
Please publish and/or circulate this to all on your list.

mailto:jalil@superstarmanagement.com

and don't froget to check out the website at:

http://www.superstarmanagement.com

Thank you for your cooperation.
Abdul-Jalil

Do you have what it takes to be the world's next SUPERSTAR? Were you born to be a "DIVA"?
THEN HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!

VH1 Presents: BORN TO DIVA

VH1 is looking for the world's next mega-star.  Top record producers will search to find the next great "diva," and their coming to a city near you!  Five singers will be cut down to three, and AMERICA will vote on their favorite.  We will find out the winner when she walks out on stage during VH1's "Divas Las Vegas" special.  THIS JUST MAY BE YOU!

OPEN CALL
Wednesday, March 5, 2003
9:00 AM ? 4:00 PM EST
Webster Hall
125 East 11th Street,
New York, NY 10003

For more info, log on to:
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/born_to_diva/series.jhtml

Casting for TEMPTATION ISLAND 3

Marking the start of production for the third installment of the series, which will air on FOX.

The provocative unscripted series TEMPTATION ISLAND returns, following four unmarried couples from across the United States, who will travel to an exotic locale to put their relationships to the ultimate test. Once they arrive, 15 eligible men and 15 eligible women will join the couples in their island adventure. The couples are then separated and spend an exhilarating two-week
period choosing dream dates from the pool of fantasy singles. Over this period, they will each get the opportunity to answer questions about themselves and one another, and to find out if what they think they want is actually what they do want.

TEMPTATION ISLAND 3 is looking for unmarried couples and singles, aged 21-35, with no children, who are seeking to challenge the bonds of love and trust.

Additional TEMPTATION ISLAND 3 casting information can be found at
http://www.fox.com/temptation3

Fox World, a production unit of Fox Television Studios, produces TEMPTATION ISLAND 3 with Rocket Science Laboratories, LLC. Daniela Welteke is head of  Fox World and Michael Shevloff serves as executive producer. Chris Cowan and Jean-Michel Michenaud serve as executive producers for Rocket Science Laboratories, LLC.

JSM Music Inc.
59 W. 19th Street
5th Floor
NY, NY. 10011
10am-2pm COUPLES
3pm-8pm SINGLES

TO ALL INTERESTED CELEBRITIES, ATHLETES,
ARTIST, ENTERTAINERS

    Clear Channel Communications, the world’s largest owner of radio stations at more than 1200 stations and owner of most popular music venues nationwide, and a prolific entertainment promoter are hosting a Baby Faire called "Yeah Baby" Expo in your city soon.
        They are requesting the presence of various celebrities, athletes, artist and entertainers to read their favorite childrens story to children in half hour intervals on the days listed above.  I am sure that most of you in the music and entertainment field can certainly realize the benefit of having an opportunity to participate in an event that has such powerful resources that you may be able to align yourself with. This event has been featured on “The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno.
        If you are interested or know someone that might be, and do not hesitate to call me. For more information check the website at: http://www.yeahbabyexpo.com

NEW JENNIFER LOPEZ FILM SEEKING:
10-12 year old girl to play Jennifer Lopez's daughter!!

A Miramax Film "An Unfinished Life" directed by Lasse Hallstrom (director of "The Cider House Rules," "Chocolat," "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?") Starring Jennifer Lopez.

Casting Directors, Hopkins Smith and Barden are searching for a 10-12year old girl to play the half-Hispanic/half-Caucasian daughter of Jennifer Lopez for a new film starting in April.

Jennifer Lopez plays a mother (Jean) who escapes an abusive boyfriend (Roy) in hopes of a better life. She and her daughter (Griff) travel to Wyoming to live with Jean's father-in-law
(Einar) and his life long, sick friend (Mitch). Meanwhile, Roy heads out on a mission to find Jean and Griff. Jean finds work and a new love interest (Crane), while Griff for the first time
ever meets her grandfather and experiences childhood. Einar has always blamed Jean for the death of his son yet by the film's end, Einar realizes he must hold on to his only family, Jean and Griff.

Griff: 10-12 years old, mature for her age. Having watched her mother suffer much abuse, she has learned to take care of herself. She is not shy and is very smart. Although Einar presents a cold exterior, she does not give up on trying to get close to him. She befriends Mitch immediately, despite his scarred face. Although she and her mother do not get along all of the time, she is for the most part respectful and loving towards her mother.

Photos and Audition Tapes should be sent to:
Hopkins Smith and Barden
451 Greenwich St. Suite 502
New York, NY 10013

ANIMAL CRACKERS

ANIMAL CRACKERS is a video series slated to air on Berkeley cable and some other local Bay Area cable stations through ATT this spring. This series is part documentary (live action footage: interviews with animal experts and keepers and the animals themselves) and part animated adventure (shorts from the animals' perspective). This project would fall under the edutainment category, but is for ages 12 and up due to humor, but PG content (no profanity,
people nudity, violence, or sex).  There are four episodes highlighting the animals at Coyote Point in San Mateo (raptors, reptiles, amphibians, and river otters), The Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito (sea lions and elephant seals), The Lindsay Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek (raptors, squirrels, and ducks), and Safari West in Santa Rosa (cheetahs and lemurs).  This is an excellent opportunity for people who love animals and take pride in the entertainment opportunities and talent that exists in the Greater Bay Area.

They are looking for a hip hop artist who would like to provide the voice for one of the sea lions in episode 2, who raps about life in the inner ocean and a gospel choir or a few gospel singers interested in singing as sea lions at Pier 39, also in episode 2. Lastly, they would love to have recommendations for a quality but affordable studio to record the musical numbers. They would like to record in the end of March, so those interested, should contact me ASAP.

This is self-funded so the budget is tight. The rest of the cast is volunteers with their expenses covered.

Abdul-Jalil
(510) 839-5400