lavington Bado on Wed, 26 Feb 2003 16:36:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Urgent!

PETROLEUM TRUST FUND (PTF)
PTF PLAZA, FEDERAL SECRETARIATE COMPLEX, MAITAMA SULE, ABUJA F.C.T

BOARD OF TRUSTEE PETROLEUM (SPECIAL) TRUST FUND
FROM THE OFFICE OF: DR. DAVE ETIETE

Attn: Sir,

BUSINESS PROPOSAL:
TRANSFER OF US$25.5M (TWENTY FIVE MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) & BUSINESS INVESTMENTS PARTNERSHIP

First, I must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction, this is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and top secret as you were introduced to us in confidence through the Nigerian Chamber of Commerce, Foreign Trade Division.
I am DR. DAVE ETIETE, the Chairman of the Federal Government of Nigeria Contract Award and Monitoring Committee (CAMC) of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF). Sometime ago, a contract was awarded to a conglomerate of Foreign Companies by my committee on behalf of PTF; the contract was over-invoiced to the tune of US $25.5
Million. This was done deliberately, the over-invoicing was a deal by members of my committee to benefit from the project, we now desire to transfer the money, which is presently in a suspense account of PTF in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) into an overseas account, which we expect you to provide.
We have agreed that the following funds will be shared thus after it has been paid into your account;
a) 30% of the money will go to you for acting as the beneficiary of the fund.
b) 10% has been set aside as an abstract projection for reimbursement to both parties for incidental expenses
that may be incurred in the course of the transaction.
c) 60% to us the government officials (which we wish to commence an important business in conjunction with you).
I Would Require:
a) Your personal details such as names, personal /corporate, address, phone and fax number, & mobile phone.
b) Your banking details whether individual or corporate viz: bank name, branch, address, phone and fax number
Account name, account number, swift code, aba route #, branch code and any other special wire instructions.
The above information would be used to make formal applications as a matter of procedure for the release
of the money and onward transfer to your nominated bank account.
It is imperative to state that there is a strong possibility of funds release in trenches if such a mandate is made after processing of transfer requirements by the foreign beneficiary, this means that the funds can be remitted in bits but first thing the various applications must be made and approved before any such application can be entertained.
It does not matter whether or not your company or you does contract projects of the nature described here, the assumption is that you won a major contract and subcontracted it out to other companies, more often than not, big trading companies or individuals of unrelated field win major contracts and subcontracts to more specialized firms for execution of such contracts.
We have strong and reliable connections and contacts at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and The Federal Ministry of Finance and we have no doubts at all that this money will be released and transferred if we get the necessary foreign partners to assist us in this deal. Therefore, when the business is successfully concluded we shall through the same connections withdraw all documents used from all the concerned government ministries for 100% security.
We want this money to be transferred to the foreign account which you are going to provide bearing in mind that our civil service code of conduct forbids us from owning or running foreign company or running foreign account, all expenses regarding the account opening if not already in existence shall be borne by you, all expenses are however reimbursable as already stated above on conclusion of business.
Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter if you are interested and send the required information mentioned through email lavint2000@yahoo.co.uk.  For more details on this transaction please feel free to send me a mail demanding for it and remembering to include your phone and fax numbers for easy communication.
I wait in anticipation of your cooperation.
Yours Faithfully,

DR. LAVINGTON BADO
[CHIEF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR]

Demo Version Sent.