baa1 on Sun, 16 Feb 2003 05:29:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] urgent business & assistance

Dear Sir,

I, on behalf of my other colleagues from different
  organs of Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) owned
  parastatals decided to solicit your assistance as
  regards transfer of the above-mentioned amount into
 your bank account. This fund accrued from over
  invoicing of various contract awarded in my parastatal
  to certain Foreign Contractors sometimes ago.

  We, as holders of sensitive position in our various
  parastatals, were mandated by the Federal Government
  to Scrutinise all payments made to certain foreign
  Contractors and we discovered that some of the
  contracts they executed were grossly over-invoiced
  either by omission or commission. In the process the
  sum of US$27M (Twenty Seven Million US Dollars only)
  was found lying in the parastatal suspense account
  after the foreign contractors had been paid their
  We all agreed that this over-invoiced amount be
  transferred (for our own use) into a bank account
  provided by a foreign partner, because we are
  government workers and the Code of Conduct does not
  allow us to operate foreign accounts.

  However, we have succeeded in transferring some of
  this money precisely US$5.0M (Five Million US Dollars
  only) into a foreign account in MOROCCO (North
  Africa), but the provider of the account in MOROCCO is
  up to some mischief and refuses to comply to the
  earlier mutual agreement by insisting that the total
  amount be paid into his nominated bank account before
  disbursement will take effect. If for a meagre sum of
  US$5.0M (Five Million US Dollars only) we are not
  compensated, is it when the balance of US$22M
  (Twenty-two Million US Dollars)is transferred that we
  will be sure of our full compensation? Of course, this
  abuse of trust and inhumanity calls for sober
  reflection and search for absolute trust.

  Thus we are seeking your unwavering assistance that
  the remaining amount of US$22M can be speedily
  processed and fully remitted into your nominated bank

  account. On successful remittance of the fund into
  your account, you will be compensated with 30% of the
  amount for your assistance and services.

  So far, much have been said and due to our sensitive
  positions, we cannot afford a slip in this transaction
  neither can we give out identity as regards our
  respective offices, but whereby cordial relationship
  is established, smooth operations commences, you will
  be furnished with details of all you deserves to know.

  I am at your disposition to entertain any question
  from you with respect to this transaction, so contact
  me immediately through my e:mail for further
  information on the requirements and procedure for this
  transaction.

  Please, treat with the strictest confidentiality and
  utmost urgency and reply to billyagu@hknetmail.com.

  Yours faithfully,

  Dr Billy Agu.