atty on Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:32:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] >wartime< project events + soundtoys +

hi nettime-l people

contents of mail
a) the >wartime< project events upcoming
b) www.soundtoys.net 2003
c) net-art02? open_digi events news

a) the >wartime< project events and news

the >wartime< project at http://offline.area3.net/wartime that was initiated by
open_digi http://club.net-art.ws and OFFLINE http://offline.area3.net now has 113
artists participating coming from all continents, with 88 contributed pieces listed so
far. The theme of the project is reflections on and reactions against wars, past,
present and future. The project is now reaching out with public showings and
events plus good international press coverage to get its collective work, ideas and
message out to a bigger and bigger audience, both online and offline.

LONDON
6pm-7.30pm 12th Feb
THE OTHER CINEMA
11 Rupert Street
London W1V 7FS
Box Office : 0207 734 1506
Project participants Ruth Catlow, Andrew Forbes and Elkin Atwell will be answering
any questions from the audience after the 25 minute selection of >wartime< project
pieces. The prgramme will conclude with showing of the video 'NOT IN MY NAME'.

'peace lovers ball'
Saturday 15th Feb, London UK post the 'Stop the War' march and rally
This is a seriously underground squat party for 5000 +, all night after the demo.
The venue will be kept secret till 9pm the 15th, ring after this time 0207 644 5170
or 07971 273 481 to get venue location details. The >wartime< project will be
shown in a cinema type space of the party in between relevant video
documentaries.

LOS ANGELES
\"Mario's night for peace\"
from 8pm, Saturday 15th, LA, US
with projections of >wartime< project and music from mr tamale and video from the
local anti-war rallies
http://www.mariosfurniture.info/
http://offline.area3.net/wartime/press/invite.gif

Mario's
3436 1/2 N. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90065
ph: 323 / 221-4020

future shows in the next few months are in planning for Mexico City, Bristol UK,
Amsterdam, Madrid, Rome and Barcelona to name a few ...

>wartime< project press release and invite to pariticipate are available in english,
french, italian, german, spanish, portugese and finnish at
http://offline.area3.net/wartime/eng2.html

b) www.soundtoys.net

NEW work 2003

We are looking for contributions of audio visual interactive works, net art, web
design, application software, multimedia, generative music, interactive
environments,essays. Works may take the form of art, generative music, interactive
environments. They could be described as \"new audio visual experiences\", or
multimedia experiments which explore the parameters of our new media world. This
work is for a new website update and for selected exhibitions. The Soundtoys site
aims to provide a platform for the very best in audiovisual net artworks to be
presented and debated and if your work will make a valuable contribution to this
then please send it in. Soundtoys has been featured at Sonar, on Sonify, in the
Independent, and on English TV. Soundtoys has also been exhibited at
international festivals including den Hague film festival Holland, and Zeppelin in
Barcelona. It was also be featured at Garage in Germany. Soundtoys also
organised it own exhibitions which the last was at the ICA in London from June to
July 2002. The
exhibition called Convergence featured over 100 artists from the audio visuals arts.

We are seeking new work for the 2003 series of events and for the website.

1. New online audio visual experiences. Works for the website send in your
latest \"new audio visual experience\". We are interested in the use of all internet
friendly programming technologies eg shockwave, flash, vrml, java etc. so send in
via email..

2. Installations. If you make interactive installations send in 400 words about the
work and four images of the work. We are interested in responsive environments,
soundspaces , the city as sound.

3. Software. Artists and musicians software. This year we are particularly interested
in applications created by artists for a new area. If you make patches or
applications tell us about it.

4. Journal. If you write about new media, interactive arts , and would like to be in
the journal send us a finished text. We welcome texts, essays, papers or articles
relating to this medium.

5. Offline. Soundtoys are being asked to present the works offline at festivals. If
you want to take part send in audio visual works and interactive art pieces. These
must be finished projects. Send larger works and information in by cd-rom only via
post.

If you work in any of the areas above we would like to hear from you.

Zip up your work and send all info about it. Don't forget to include relevant
details.ie your name, project title, year created, brief bio, text info about the work,
and also send the work. Please send all of the work including the html files. If you
files are too big but you would like it presented at festival send in a cd-rom version.
DO not just send us a link and say check it out.

Application form online.

DEADLINE MARCH 15 2003

SOUNDTOYS.NET
web and info... .... http://www.soundtoys.net
email .......... ..... info@soundtoys.net

===============================

c) net-art02/03? open_digi

as some of you may have noticed there has been no 2002 edition of the 'net-art'
open arena at www.net-art.ws organised or announced.  As you can see from the
list of >wartime< project events and hapenings at top of this mail, for the duration
this is taking up the majority of available time of people previously involved in
running the annual 'net-art' event. So I am afraid this edition of 'net-art' will not
happen. Hopefully things will be more peaceful by the appropriate time for a net-
art03.

Similarly with so many shows and events of >wartime< planned or in planning
around the world, its really not possible to continue the monthly local open_digi
events in Brixton, South London for the time being.

thanks for your support

yours sincerely
atty