April on Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:48:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] MS Office Tips 02-11-2003 [ Cool Keyboard Trick + Reset Toolbar Regrets ]

Title: MS Office Tips & Tricks

Useful Links

Message Board
Subscribe
Software Store
Computer Terms

Guides

Windows Shortcuts
Downloading
E-mail
Virus Guide
Digital Cameras
Emoticons :-)
Internet Errors
Software Install
File Sizes
Image Formats

Software Deals!

Check out our new bargain bin!
Click here now!

Neato CD/DVD Labeler Kit w/ Applicator
Design-Print-Apply
Perfect Labels Every Time!

Only $18.97!

Dragon Naturally Speaking
Delivers high accuracy speech recognition - even on laptops!

Only $39.97!

Learning Microsoft Windows XP
Interactive learning

Only $12.97!

Pajama Sam's Sock Works
Awesome Kids Game!

Only $7.97

Business Cards
The easy way to make business cards!

Only $6.97!

Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002
Craete anything imaginable from your own pictures in a few easy steps

Only $24.97!

Bartlett's Quotations
Over 22,000 searchable quotations

Only $6.97!

Norton Personal Firewall 2002
Keep hackers out of your computer!!

Only $14.97!

Creativity Workshop for Kids
Fun-filled productivity software for kids combines art and writing!

Only $4.97!

Announcements

WOW! This Is Incredible!

We have 6 fantastic titles for only $6.97 each (FREE US shipping)! The retail on these varies between $39.95 -$49.95 each, so $6.97 is an awesome price! Plus, we have our "Buy 3 and get a free mouse" deal this week so you can save even more. Wait till you see what we have! Try not to trip over each other on the way to the site :-)

Here they are! Grab 'em all!!

# 1 - Print Shop Select 12 + 10,000 clipart pack - This is an incredible buy. It's basically PrintShop 12 just not as much clipart! You can create banners, booklets, business cards, greeting cards, letterhead, photo albums, report covers, labels, postcards, and TONS more! Considering PrintShop retails for $49.95, this is a fantastic deal!

# 2 - Britannica Ready Reference 2003 - Wow, this is a deal. This encyclopedia includes 25,000 articles, 1500 photos, hundreds of maps, illustrations, and more. It has a fantastic search engine, super research assistant, and the full version of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (that alone goes for $30.00)! Plus it's the 2003 version! Can you believe it?

# 3 - Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing - This is the #1 typing program on the planet. If you want to type better (don't we all? :-) then this is for you. It's really well done and really easy to work with. Stop hunting and pecking! Save serious time and become a fantastic typist! For $6.97, how can you go wrong?

# 4 - Calendar Creator 8 - What perfect timing! With the year just beginning, it's not too late to create your own calendars for this year using your very own photos! Create a gift friends and family will enjoy all year long! Even add your own important dates to it! Great!

# 5 - Body Works 6 - This is a long time favorite of mine. It's kind of like an interactive medical encyclopedia. View 3D rotating models (80 of 'em!), browse through high-resolution images, or expand your knowledge with multi-media presentations (those are really cool). It also features 100,000+ medical definitions and covers over 1500 topics. A must have!

# 6 - Family Tree Maker 9 (single CD version) - If you want to create a family tree, there's nothing better. This software is both easy to use and allows you to create very professional looking records and family histories. You should see the scrapbooks you can make! If you can't afford the 20 CD set, this is a fantastic alternative!

Whew, that's it. Again, these titles are only $6.97ea! Of course, US shipping is FREE and you have our 30 day satisfaction guarantee—if you're not happy with your purchase, just return for a refund. Nothing to lose! Here's the link for more info:

http://www.worldstart.com/store/697superspecial.htm

PS- Remember, we have our "Buy 3, get a FREE Mouse" sale through the end of this week (or while supplies last). So, get to the site and order today!

MS Office 101

Accessing The Recently Used File List With Your Keyboard

As we all know, in the MS Office programs there's a list of recently used files at the bottom of the File menu.

Most people access these with the mouse—not a bad way, works well—but did you know that you can accomplish the same task with just a few keys?

No?

Well, you can, so let's get to the "how" part.

First hit Alt + F (to activate the File menu).

Then press the number listed beside the file name in the list.

Just like magic, the file will open and you're ready to go!

(OK—well—maybe not magic but it sure can be a timesaver!)

Office Tip of the Day

Toolbar Reset

In several issues of MS Office Tips & Tricks we've covered many different ways to alter your toolbars.

Have you made some changes that you regret?

Maybe you've made enough of them that you'd like to "wipe the slate clean" and start over with a particular toolbar.

Or, maybe someone else has recently made changes that you'd like removed.

Is there a way to return to the original toolbar configuration?

Of course! (Why else would I ask?)

To reset a toolbar to its original configuration you need to follow 6 short steps.

1. Go to the Tools menu, Customize choice. (Or right-click on a toolbar and choose Customize from the pop-up menu.)

2. On the Toolbars tab highlight the name of the toolbar you wish to reset.

3. Click the Reset button on the right.

4. In the next window you will need to choose which template the changes should affect. (The normal template is your everyday blank document.)

5. Click OK.

6. Close the Customize window.

(You can repeat steps 2 - 5 to reset as many toolbars as necessary before closing the Customize window)

And... Poof!

Your toolbar is returned to its original state.

Wouldn't that be cool in the car? A few buttons and it's just like new...

~ April

Copyright & Disclaimer

ISSN: 1529-336X
Copyright 2001, WorldStart. All unauthorized reproduction strictly prohibited.

You are welcome to reproduce this newsletter (i.e. print it, store it) for your own personal use. You are also welcome to forward it, in its entirety, to friends and family.

If you would like to reproduce this publication, or any part of it, in any other publication, be it web based or otherwise, you must contact us for permission. Any unauthorized re-distribution will be considered a copyright infringement and grounds
for a lawsuit.

Finally, you agree to try any advice contained or suggested in this newsletter at your own risk.

To remove yourself from this list, simply place a check next to the "Remove Me >From This List" checkbox then click the "Remove" button below. If that doesn't work, head to:

http://www.worldstart.com/newsletterunsub.htm

Remove Me From This List

If your e-mail address doesn't appear below, enter it and press the Remove button to unsubscribe.

You are currently subscribed as nettime-bold@nettime.org