Andreas on Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:48:43 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] REALTOKYO MM vol. 103

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____11_08_2002_Fri_vol.103___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Nakanishi Daisuke ("Little More") vol. 004

(2) Interview
Andrew Pekler

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Don't Think Just Shoot

(4) Present
"Last Present" preview screening

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 34 events
including 8 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Nakanishi Daisuke ("Little More") vol. 004

This Wednesday I'm having a succession of visitors, and the third
one I'm seeing today is Yoshimura Chiaki from Asahi Shimbun's
department of arts and sciences. We're talking about the late
non-fiction author Ida Makiko, and especially about her early
poetry days, which wasn't known much until after her death.
I guess every time I'll meet Yoshimura-san in the future our talk
will be about Ida-san. Today's last meeting is with stylist Nimura
Takeshi, and I get a hint at the steady importance of Vincent Gallo.
Before the last train leaves Shibya station I have a couple minutes
time to hop into Tsutaya and buy the recent "Guitar Magazine" which
a special feature on Yamashita Tatsuro, and Char's "Sacred Hills"
album.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0016-henshucho.htm

(2) Interview

Caught live in Japan, October 2002: Andrew Pekler

With his "Station to Station" album, released in summer 2002,
Andrew Pekler attracted worldwide attention by adding a new,
jazzy colour to the ~Scape label sound palette. RT met Andrew
during his first Japan tour on which he was brought along by
label boss, Japan-experienced Pole a.k.a. Stefan Betke.
Before his Tokyo set he introduced to us the stations that led
him to his current place of residence, Berlin, as well as his
musical philosophy and unique working style.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/interview/pekler01.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Don't Think Just Shoot

Totally untouched by the spreading of the digital camera and the
improving performance of conventional cameras, Russia-made budget
camera "Lomo" keeps fascinating people around the world with its
unique charme, having written "analog" all over it. This event is
to celebrate the publishing of a book that contains 2,739 (!) Lomo
shots gathered from all corners of the globe. For this occasion
director Fabian Monheim has come over from London, inviting everybody
interested to enjoy without too much thinking the camera's inimitable
colorations and shadings that create such an exquisite feel of space.
--Ikeda Maiko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1182

(4) Presents

20 couples/40 people will be invited to a preview screening of
the Korean movie "Last Present." For more info and to apply please
check the Presents page:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

- Out of Tokyo

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info@realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO