Andreas on Fri, 1 Nov 2002 01:22:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] REALTOKYO MM vol. 102

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____11_01_2002_Fri_vol.102___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Kato Haruyuki ("Studio Voice") vol. 003

(2) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 049: The Launch of "Insight Diaries"

(3) Event Pick of the Week
PATH

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 34 events
including 9 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Kato Haruyuki ("Studio Voice") vol. 003

at "Rocket"One of Harajuku's most outstanding places, gallery
"Rocket" has moved to a new location behind Natural House on
Omotesando. I guess with the "Nigo" hair salon and numerous shops
selling used furniture and stuff, that's the area fashion magazines
usually call "Ura-Aoyama." Rocket is operated by 'the man with
the cap,' Fujimoto Yasushi, who is doing also the design for our
magazine. As one creative head in the culture mag business he has
been appearing in various publications (such as Brutus magazine's
"Ningenkankei" column!), and since he has been working with Studio
Voice for about 12 years now, our 'ningenkankei' (=relationship)
has come a long way.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0015-henshucho.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 049: The Launch of "Insight Diaries"

In lectures on REALTOKYO or during the "REALTOKYO BAR" events I'm
often asked about the 'business model' RT is based on. I hate the
term "business model" so I don't use it here, but the questions
simply is where the revenue we need to keep REALTOKYO alive comes
from. According to the facts my answer usually goes like, "mainly
from advertisements and paid publicity, and to some degree also
from providing contents to other media, plus the fees we're getting
from REALOSAKA for the use of our system.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki49.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

PATH

A more or less regular event, PATH has appeared on this page in
the past. This next volume coincides with the release of the "UR"
compilation introducing the PATH makers' brandnew "Mao" label,
featuring internationally renowned label headliner CorKyees and
other cross-over units. CorKyees use the occasion for a live
showcase of the band's recent move from Bristol-style break jazz
to dub/post rock. Complemented by abstract electronica band (!)
mas, dub outfit Frisco, and drum+mixer duo Thermo, the line-up is
made up of unique artists that refuse categorization right down
the line. PATH has cut its path in between electronic and acoustic,
synthetic and organic music, and this vague-sounding concept has
taken on an impressively clear shape, to be witnessed on November 3.
-- Andreas

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1356

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Editors' Diary

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

- Interview

and more$B!D(B

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info@realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad@realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad@realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO