trebor scholz on Wed, 30 Oct 2002 22:56:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] PLEASE CHANGE: Language and Encoding

Hi Ted,

I just sent the announcement of "Language and Encoding."
If it's not too late could you PLEASE take out the "Department of Media
Study" ? I just realized that SUNY should not be mentioned! I hope this will
be still possible. Sincere apologies.

Best,
Trebor Scholz

IT SHOULD READ LIKE THIS:
==

Language & Encoding:
A Symposium for Artists, Programmers, & Scholars
Nov. 8-9, 2002
Buffalo, NY

Key practitioners in new media arts, cultural theory, computer science, and
poetics deliberate issues critical to the intertwined engagements of
language, expression, and computer code in emergent media. Two evenings of
unique performances (Hallwalls, Big Orbit) and a day of engaging panels
(Butler House). Registration recommended to reserve your place!

Language & Encoding features  John Cayley, Alex Galloway, Lisa Jevbratt, Lev
Manovich, Michael Mateas, Jonathan Minton, David Rokeby, Phoebe Sengers,
Marc Böhlen and Loss Pequeño Glazier. With special performances by Judd
Morrissey & Lori Talley, Beige Records, and others!

For registration info and full symposium details see
http://epc.buffalo.edu/events/02/encoding/