MWP on Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:32:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] RE: <nettime> how to defeat activism

This counters KS's comments, I hope:

Aesthetics has been a dead issue in art since the 20s. Contemporary art
is not involved in making aesthetic objects. Political art is not
aestheticized politics. (If it must be anything, it is politicized
aesthetics, which is the obverse of fascism, as Brecht has shown.) Art
deals primarily with issues of art, and aesthetics is no longer an issue
in art that anybody outside of the philosophy departments thinks is
interesting.

(I could elaborate, but I have another posting forthcoming that is too
long already!)