Nmherman on Wed, 31 Jul 2002 02:59:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] The Genius 2000 Conference 2002: Retribution and Destruction

Dear Internet Community:

This year's conference will address the topic I had roughly decided upon before the attacks of 9/11.  I prefer not to avoid the month of September, nor the topic of downfall, which is an integral aspect of my thoughts about the Genius 2000 Network, since day one bcheznes.

In a way this conference is themed according to what I prefer, but the topic is broad enough, I hope, that none will take overt offense.  In no way should the theme of the conference to be interpreted as an endorsement of genuine physical violence of any kind!  At the same time, I claim violence and war to be legitimate terrain for artists and the general public to talk about freely.  All sides of the topic, all perspectives on it, are welcome.

Please accept my heartiest wishes for world peace and a great conference.  Judges and other details TBA.

Warm regards,

Max Herman
genius2000.net

Conference 2002 at