Ivo Skoric on Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:12:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Fw: Book Review

Where did this critic live for the past 12 years? On Mars? Even
Bosnian Serbs of Republika Srpska never called themselves
"Yugoslavs". In fact according to the last former Yugoslavia's
census 9% of population declared themselves Yugoslavs, but they
were mostly Serbs in Slovenia and Croatia, military personnel in
Montenegro and Macedonia, and government employees in
Belgrade. Only some children from mixed marriages in Bosnia
adopted the Yugoslav nationality - but statistically large majority of
such children adopted nationality of one of the parents. Sarajevan
Emir Kusturica calls himself Yugoslav. But in Belgrade. Tom
Shone would need a dental job if he called somebody in Sarajevo,
who survived the siege laid by a Yugoslav Army general, Ratko
Mladic, a Yugoslav. Would he come to the U.S. in 1800s and write
about those fine Englishmen that fought so well in their Revolution?
It is for his own good that he learns that crucial distinction.
ivo

To:             	brigall@yahoo.co.uk
Copies to:      	c.mateo@verizon.net, FMJerbich32@email.msn.com, Jkresnik@juno.com,
  	sutramagazin@msn.com, Raguz@aol.com, fmustac@timespapers.com,